Greetings dear friends & readers
Last week while recovering from some rather major dental surgery along with a pinching nerve in my lower back,
I decided to take it a little easier & do some things that I enjoy rather than the never-ending list of jobs that constantly goes around in my head
I decided to take it a little easier & do some things that I enjoy rather than the never-ending list of jobs that constantly goes around in my head
I finished off the Miss Maggie Rabbit that Blackie was so kindly "pressing for me" in my last post
She is a delightful pattern from Alicia Paulson which I purchased many years quite sometime ago now.
I always had it in my head to make her up in Liberty fabrics & was thrilled to be able to purchase these from AliceCaroline fabrics
I always had it in my head to make her up in Liberty fabrics & was thrilled to be able to purchase these from AliceCaroline fabrics
I knitted her little capelet in some knitting cotton that I already had in my stash, but I am thinking now it might look better made up in double knit yarn??
Her boots are all hand stitched in felt ... I enjoyed making her so very much! 😊
No sooner had I finished Miss Maggie than a beautiful package arrived in my mail!
No sooner had I finished Miss Maggie than a beautiful package arrived in my mail!
I used the last of my Christmas money from Mum to purchase some gorgeous Greengate goodies from
Lillians Cottage, who are currently having a summer sale with good discounts!
The next day I sat out on the deck & enjoyed a coffee in my new cup along with a magazine on loan from
my dear friend Sal.
I had a bit of an idea floating around in my head for an upcycle project
The ugly brown veneer tray above was a Hospice purchase ... Sid had been using it to drive his matchbox cars around on & park them underneath but had now moved onto various other "car parks"
I painted it pale pink then lightly distressed the edges.
I had wanted to paint the wooden shelf on the left for quite sometime now - I wanted to lighten up some areas of our lounge as we seem to have quite a bit of dark wood, which I find gloomy at times.
I gave the shelf 3 coats of Newtons Chalk Paint ... Aged White ... in some lights this colour has an ever-so-slightly grey tinge to it, which I love 💗
This pretty pink china above, had been stored away in a cupboard, hidden from sight & gathering dust bunnies.
It had been gifted to me by a dear elderly friend before she went into Resthome care - I loved everything about it,
the colour, the pattern, the vintagey-ness of it - but I never had anywhere to display it, until now !
I made a sort of tiered arrangement using the shelf, tray + teatowel & napkin from Greengate
I came across this vintage china bowl out in my Cottage - it had previously been used to display soaps for sale
I made up a fresh batch of Cottage Garden potpourri with all the roses I have been drying, & displayed it in the bowl
Really rather ticked pink with my new lightened up corner 💗
Last Tuesday, while Sid slept, I made two veggie quiches using courgettes, tomatoes, spinach & basil from our vegetable garden - one was for us & the other was for Sid's family.
Next I made an Oaty Ginger Slice before realising I could not eat it due to my dental work, so this was given
to Alec's family.
Just yesterday I carefully washed, dried & pressed the Linen Cover on my Sanderson Slipper Chair.
Please tell me friends ... How do they jolly well know when you have done this & Why do they jolly well think
you have done it just for them ???!!! 😟
Wishing you all a wonderful week wherever in the World you might be,
Take care of yourselves & each other,
Thanks so much for your visits here today dear friends,
With much love & friendship,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0x
my dear friend Sal.
I had a bit of an idea floating around in my head for an upcycle project
![]() |
| (The Pink Paint is Resene's Pale Rose - a testpot) |
I painted it pale pink then lightly distressed the edges.
I had wanted to paint the wooden shelf on the left for quite sometime now - I wanted to lighten up some areas of our lounge as we seem to have quite a bit of dark wood, which I find gloomy at times.
I gave the shelf 3 coats of Newtons Chalk Paint ... Aged White ... in some lights this colour has an ever-so-slightly grey tinge to it, which I love 💗
This pretty pink china above, had been stored away in a cupboard, hidden from sight & gathering dust bunnies.
It had been gifted to me by a dear elderly friend before she went into Resthome care - I loved everything about it,
the colour, the pattern, the vintagey-ness of it - but I never had anywhere to display it, until now !
I made a sort of tiered arrangement using the shelf, tray + teatowel & napkin from Greengate
I came across this vintage china bowl out in my Cottage - it had previously been used to display soaps for sale
I made up a fresh batch of Cottage Garden potpourri with all the roses I have been drying, & displayed it in the bowl
Really rather ticked pink with my new lightened up corner 💗
Last Tuesday, while Sid slept, I made two veggie quiches using courgettes, tomatoes, spinach & basil from our vegetable garden - one was for us & the other was for Sid's family.
Next I made an Oaty Ginger Slice before realising I could not eat it due to my dental work, so this was given
to Alec's family.
Just yesterday I carefully washed, dried & pressed the Linen Cover on my Sanderson Slipper Chair.
Please tell me friends ... How do they jolly well know when you have done this & Why do they jolly well think
you have done it just for them ???!!! 😟
Wishing you all a wonderful week wherever in the World you might be,
Take care of yourselves & each other,
Thanks so much for your visits here today dear friends,
With much love & friendship,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0x













0 Yorumlar