Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Vintage Tiki Room Flyer

It's time for some awesome vintage Disneyland paper! You've probably seen this one elsewhere; if so, you'll just have to suffer through it again.

I love this gate handout/advertisement heralding a new attraction, "Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room". It's an entirely new concept in family entertainment, yo. This was one of the very first pieces of Disneyland paper ephemera that I acquired, and I still think it is neat. I love the two-color artwork, and the photo of the guests. I guess nobody has informed that couple that pointing is impolite. Does anybody know if Marty Sklar wrote the blurb?


On the obverse is this neat ad for the new "Below Decks" exhibit on the Columbia; which means that this flyer is from 1964. The waving sailor reminds me of Ned Land from "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"! 

About two years ago I was at a collector's show, and found a version of this handout without the Tiki Room ad on the other side. It's just blank. Which is kind of cool! And best of all, this version was UNFOLDED, which is practically unheard of.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar