Hello all - I AM HERE! Sorry for being late. I had a bit of a medical emergency with Fluffy and she and I spent the morning at the emergency care vet. We are home now and she is in isolation for a while (and is not happy). Not that she is contagious or anything - I just need to monitor what she eats and drinks and (poos) for a day or two. She has a bad mouth/gums - and got major antibiotics, I am giving pain meds and anti-inflammatory. She hasn't been eating or drinking for a couple days and this morning she let me pick her up!!! She has NEVER in 11 years let me pick her up (since she was a kitten). I knew she was sick. *She does let me pet her - but no picky up!!!!
Well now she is drinking like a camel and starting to eating a bit. All good.
SHEW - the things that life throws at us.
Well weather-wise it has been July here this week! T-shirts and flip-flops. AC has even been on some. This coming week will be kind of back to normal for a while - so hoping I can maybe do the garden then.
We actually (until yesterday) had our longest stretch of dry weather in a couple months.
We got rain yesterday and supposed to get more tonight.
This week:
- Laundry and line dried. I did all the cats winter bedding as well
- I made up some homemade weed killer to spray fence row and a small patch of never attended ground next door! Not rented yet - so I took care of one problem! That stuff is dead now.
- I made a new small garden plot (raised) from materials on hand for big pots to sit on (a flood area)
- Cleaned out the garage some
- Got second rain barrel set up
- Worked on the front walk flower bed some and placed my short fencing up - so flowers don't overtake the walk
- Kroger - loss leaders and clearance
- Hummingbird feeders are now out and plenty of nectar made up
- Chopped a quart of bell peppers for freezer
- Chopped more chives and froze another quart
- I have an insulated dog house (for the cats) - and it was sinking. I cut appropriate size boards and placed them under the front and back and raised it up a good 2".
- My neighbor cut my front and way out back when he mowed. I did the backyard
- I did trimming and pulled lots more weeds.
- Came across a 2018 can of peaches I used in a smoothie. It was great and refreshing
- I only worked outside in the mornings when it was somewhat cooler. It got close to 90 several times. Just regular housework inside in the afternoons
Meals this past week:
Ham, egg, & cheese biscuits
Chicken fingers and salad
Tomato and bologna sandwich and a smoothie
Cheeseburger and fresh veggies with salad dressing
Chef salad
Rice/veg/cheese stuffed Portobella mushrooms (used air fryer)
Chicken and veggie roll-ups
SNACKS: fruit, PB sandwich, yogurt, ice cream bar
I hope you all had a good week and stayed cool! Are any of you able to garden yet? I am close. Any great deals or bargains this week?
I sure hope you are all well and safe.
Blessings to you and yours from my humble little home.
I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
Psalms 32:8
Lord, thank you for guiding us and nudging us through all our avenues in life. You always speak to us, and guide us when the timing is right. Help us to listen more closely and always follow Your ways.
Amen

0 Yorumlar